£20,315 to £24,580
BioResource Services Assistant
A new opportunity has arisen within the recently formed BioResource team for a Services Assistant to support provision of biomaterial services to the Sanger scientific community.
Do you want to use your scientific skills and service experience to contribute to delivery and development of existing and new services? If so, this is the role for you.
About the role:
- You will be crucial to providing BioResource services including receiving, storing and distributing biological resources in line with defined procedures.
- You will update BioResource systems to ensure biological resource records are accurate.
- You will be expected to respond to service requests in a timely and professional manner.
- You will work closely with other BioResource team members to contribute to the development and implementation of processes and procedures for services.
- You will be supported and encouraged to seek out developmental opportunities through departmental and Institute wide initiatives.
About the team:
The BioResource team manages the import, storage and distribution of the Wellcome Sanger Institute’s biological resources. We provide high quality, efficient and robust services to the Institute's scientific teams to enable them to deliver their world leading science.
- Science degree in biological sciences or proven practical experience
- Previous experience of service provision
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety regulations
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills (can operate systems accurately and follow procedures)
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Effective team working
- Good housekeeping practices
- Experience in updating systems
- Capable of performing duties without close supervision
Due to Covid 19, the Wellcome Genome Campus closed for all but essential functions and facilities. As we begin restarting our science, we have implemented measures to support our staff on site including one way systems, enhanced cleaning and increased facilities for handwashing. This role will require working on site and full details of working on site can be discussed during the interview stage.
Interviews will be taking place virtually.
Closing date: 9th May 2021