The Systems Intelligence Centre of Excellence (SICoE) seeks to hire a Digital Product Owner.
Digital Product Owner (Systems Intelligence)
This Centre of Excellence is dedicated to Xylem’s Cloud Platform and Connectivity, accelerating and expanding our IIOT technology solutions, enabling all water assets to be digitally connected across the globe.
The Product Owner will be responsible for defining and prioritizing the development requests and for evaluating the work delivered by the software development team, ensuring impeccable features and product functionality that meets and exceeds Customers’ expectations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as the voice of the Customer;
- Work closely with the Product Management team and with other stakeholders to assess the business value and create and maintain the Product Backlog;
- Be an active member of the Scrum team, providing the Product vision and direction to the developers;
- Remove any business related impediments raised by the team with pragmatism and decisiveness in a user acceptable way;
- Define features in well-written User Stories with unambiguous Acceptance Criteria, and present them to the development team in the refinement sessions seeking understanding and size estimates;
- Prioritize Epics and User Stories to ensure that work focuses on those delivering maximum business value and ROI, in line with the product strategy;
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of refined work items;
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends;
- Work with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams across different time-zones;
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline (or equivalent industrial experience);
- Proven ability to lead an entire product development throughout its life-cycle, from concept to launch;
- Demonstrable experience building and executing on product vision and roadmap;
- Experience in defining Acceptance Criteria and in product approval testing;
- Prior experience in Cloud solutions, IoT or technology in general would be beneficial;
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills;
- Ability to distil the essence in a conversation and document it in actionable stories;
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal;
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes, principles and values;
- Experience of working within development teams using Scrum.
Bonus Points For:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner / Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Proficiency in using Jira® and Confluence®
- Knowledge in product security