We’re looking for a qualified Senior Building Surveyor to join our Rural division in Cambridge, to provide professional advice and to act in the best interests of clients with regards to all building surveying matters. Support and guidance from the Building Surveying team will be there as required.
We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package featuring up to 8% contributory pension, private healthcare, a health cash scheme, life insurance and discretionary bonus. We also offer various voluntary benefits focused around maximising your wellbeing.
In addition to that you will be working out of our newly refurbished Head Office in Cambridge, that promotes a modern and agile work space, along with our very own Bidwells cafe, The Brewery, where they serve the best coffee and cake in Cambridge!
- Work on a range of instructions received from clients and colleagues in a project management capacity to include house refurbishments, farm building repairs and construction, ground works, and other building projects on rural estates
- Demonstrate due diligence in carrying out professional work for clients
- Prepare specifications and contract tender documentation working alongside an established team, liaising with the relevant parties internally and externally to ensure timely completion and delivery
- Supervise contractors, liaise with clients and other consultants as required
- Report periodically to client, agreeing variations and deliver project on time, within budget
- In conjunction with the line manager, manage projects to meet the required fee budget and project programme
- Record time and expenses, and raise invoices in a timely and accurate fashion
- Chartered MRICS
- Significant and varied post-qualification experience
- Awareness and understanding of issues affecting the economy and the implications on the Firm and specifically, Building Surveying.
Experience of recording of time, expenses etc and understanding of turnover/income, profit and gross margin
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Full driving licence
- Professional Services / Consultancy experience
- CSCS card holder