With a group turnover of £40m projected to grow to £120m by 2025 we are entering an exciting growth period here at Biocair and we are looking for driven professionals to join our UK Operations team.
Operational Costs Analyst
Due to this growth and expansion we are looking for an experienced Operational Costs Analyst to join our team to support the UK Pricing Manager by compiling and entering accurate costs in all UK-owned consignments, capturing additional overseas agents costs, such as Import Duty/Vat, Storage and Permit fees, scrutinising supplier invoice discrepancies and identifying the root causes.
Join our experienced and friendly operational team help “Move Science Forward!”
- Apply all Operational Costs on each consignment in iCair.
- Where possible, use the supplier tariffs in Sharepoint to determine the air freight, local sub-contractor, local agent and packaging supplier costs and verify their accuracy with the supplier in question – identify where tariffs are deficient or out of date and escalate to Supplier Management.
- Where a supplier tariff is not available – acquire the complete costs from the supplier and ensure these are added to the charges page on iCair.
- Whether costs from an agent are tariff based or ad hoc – gain a documented verification from the supplier in each case that costs are accurate when the consignment is ordered.
- Check agent invoices when received above and query any discrepancies – sign off all accurate invoices.
- Auditing of invoices received from overseas agents to identify Customs Duty & Vat and Storage charges, such they can be passed on / billed to the relevant customer.
- Investigating all ‘Unallocated Costs’ invoices and pushing back to suppliers if no Biocair reference or PO number. If correct, ensuring the costs are passed on to the correct business unit rather than simply absorbed by Cambridge P&L.
- Checking Inter-Company Billing is correct and other business units are being charged accordingly for packaging, monitors, coolant and sub-contractor costs for services and materials supplied on their behalf.
- Identify where consolidation issues are occurring (multiple deliveries on the same vehicle by a supplier) and demand accurate costs for these consignments.
- Record and monitor the result of all discrepancy investigations, identify trends and highlight to UK Pricing Manager, Global Pricing Manager and Procurement Manager.
- Ensure the IATA CASS invoice is checked for accuracy and all discrepancies queried.
- Ensure all other supplier invoices are checked (UPS, Fedex, etc etc) and all discrepancies queried.
- Scrutinise NCR reports regarding supplier issues (including airlines and integrators) and issue claim letters where required to seek discount. This should be done in the following situations (but not limited to these situations): late collection/deliveries, client dissatisfaction, mishandling, airline offloads, shipment destruction.
- Assist in the identification of high rates in certain lanes and escalate this to UK Pricing Manager and Global Pricing Manager.
- Assist in the identification of repeat issues and offenders and escalate this to supplier management & UK Pricing Manager as appropriate.
- Adhoc analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well under time pressure
- Effective Communication
- Planning and organising
- Logistics, courier or freight forwarding experience
- Supplier Costs Management