You will have the opportunity to join the Satellite & Space market focus team to imagine, develop and deliver advanced communications technologies that will enable the next generation of non- terrestrial networks.
Your role will leverage existing RF & Electromagnetics skillsets offering you the creative space and multidisciplinary supportive team to develop existing and create new blue-sky systems and technologies. As an RF engineer your role can be shaped how you want, with collaborative opportunities in business development, project management responsibility as well as the opportunity to go all out focusing on a particular technical challenge at system or device level.
Our facilities are varied with a dedicated Satellite & Space RF laboratory including anechoic chamber as well as an on-site micro-fabrication facility and general physics & materials laboratories.
Your background will include experience in RF, with an Electromagnetics bias. You should be able to provide evidence of interest in several of these areas: L-Band through to mmWave and Sub THz design, antenna design and phased array, ground station and payload specific, RF systems design, RF component design, RF ASIC, proficiency with electromagnetic design and simulation, practical realisation of designs and test.
Your experience to-date can be flexible with this role being perfect for experienced engineers and recent graduates and post-docs. Opportunities also exist for working outside of the S&S group offering specialist RF & EM support to other TTP market teams whose operations include market focused industrial and medical applications.
TTP values ambition, leadership, technical excellence, collaboration and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development, project leadership, emerging technologies, and involvement in the many markets in which we and our customers operate.
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading university in electrical/electronic engineering with a bias towards RF engineering and Electromagnetics.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of electromagnetics, microwave and RF engineering with a good appreciation of digital communications
- Hands-on experience with RF circuits and test equipment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
- A desire to develop new skills
- Track record of designing RF systems and circuits including antenna design and phased array
- The ability to develop new RF techniques based on deep domain understanding as a response to industry challenges, follow these through to prototype, validation and market adoption
Successful candidates are also likely to have experience in several of the following areas:
- Antenna & feed design, prototyping and testing covering sub GHz to mmWave frequencies
- Strong understanding of Electromagnetics principles, knowledge of new materials and performance enhancing techniques relating to radiating structures and phased array applications
- Proficiency with RF & EM simulation tools such as CST Studio Suite, MATLAB, AWR
- RF system level architecting, practical design experience, strong lab-based debugging skills
- Experience of developing ground station and space-based RF payloads
- Use of PCB CAD design tools for schematic entry and layout such as Altium Designer with an appreciation of mechanical tools such as Solidworks
- Developing your own models, software tools or tests
- ASIC, MMIC or RFIC specification and design, or appreciation of current practice
- Common communications standards and systems, such as cellular, W-Fi, Bluetooth, or satellite, or emerging systems like IoT and 5G
- Advanced techniques such as Doherty, envelope tracking, digital pre-distortion and software defined radio
- Novel or unusual wireless technologies or applications
- Knowledge of radio regulatory requirements
- Product development for volume manufacture
- Building, making or designing things in your spare time.
TTP Group is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Free lunch
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Several types of family-friendly leave available to parents
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.