About the Role
When you join AVEVA’s Research & Development team, you are joining a global team of over 2000 engineers and computer scientists. We work on more than 75 leading industrial automation and engineering products. Our focus, passion, and collaboration help us to deliver innovative, high-quality, and secure industrial software that delights our customers.
At AVEVA, we’re all about limitless possibilities. Are you?
Due to the expansion the Asset Information Management team, AVEVA are looking for an experienced cloud developer. In this role you will be joining a team of high achievers who have taken our current product to clients around the world with fantastic efficiency and speed.
The role will include the maintenance and enhancements of existing cloud solutions and the opportunity to design and build AVEVA’s future cloud solutions, and requires knowledge of key development languages, C++/C# as well as cloud platforms including AWS and Azure. The candidate must be able to communicate across all levels, not only within the development team but with other AVEVA teams including cloud development operations and cloud support. There will also be the opportunity to provide paid 24/7 on-call support.
In this role you will:
• Producing innovative design against challenging user and performance requirements
• Ensuring design proposals are reviewed and approved by appropriate review authorities at each stage of the implementation and its evolution
• Providing prototypes where appropriate to explore and verify design proposals
• Implementing approved designs and ensuring adherence to product quality and acceptance criteria
• Ensuring all code is fully unit tested and documented
• Collaborating with team members on detailed work breakdown and estimating Timely identification and communication of technical issues and risks
• Assisting with the administration and resolution of support and maintenance issues
• Working with AVEVA’s LEAN development methodology to deliver systems that exceed customer expectations and achieve the highest quality
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines and adjust priorities accordingly.
• Able to work both on their own and within a team, and across different time zones
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths/Physics related or relevant experience (5-7 years).
• Development experience using languages including C++, C#
• Development experience using Amazon Web Services
• Exposure to analysis, design of software architectures
• Object oriented programming
• Proven design skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Expert in Azure Cloud and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
• Proven experience with provisioning cloud resources such as, Terraform, Packer, Ansible.
• Familiarity with Continuous deployment methods
• Knowledge of complete software development lifecycle.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Use of version control systems (e.g Git)
• Vicual Studio/ .Net tools
• Web frameworks including Anglular 2+
• Presentation and product demonstration skills
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA’s comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.