We are looking for an exceptional marketing professional or journalist to promote not just the Cambridge Network’s brand but those of our members.
In this role, you will be optimising our marketing strategies and maximising the impact of the Network’s website.
To ensure success, you will need extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, a commitment to excellence and the ability to identify new business leads. An outstanding marketing professional will be someone whose expertise translates into increased membership sign-up as a result of brand awareness.
- Evaluating and optimising PR and marketing strategies, including digital, to build brand awareness of the Network and its members.
- Ownership and management of the Network’s News section on its website
- Sourcing, editing and managing the Network members’ News content carried by the Network. Helping members develop and refine their News content, based on knowledge of the Cambridge technology cluster. Understanding what makes a good story and how to source content from a diverse range of sources
- Generating new business leads.
- Co-ordinating marketing strategies with the team
- Overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns.
- Managing the Network’s website and managing the introduction of the new website (in 2022)
- Working with the team to ensure that the Network’s Social Media channels, including video, are updated regularly and optimised
- Promoting our brand at related events.
- Keeping informed of marketing strategies and trends.
- Manage the Network’s Marketing Peer Group
Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Degree in marketing, finance, business administration, or similar (desirable)
- At least two years' experience as a PR, Journalist and/or marketing manager (essential).
- Proficiency in electronic marketing automation software
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding.
- Knowledge of the Cambridge technology cluster
- Leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities, including attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organisational abilities.
- Awareness of the importance of copyright and the law relating to news publication
- A team player, willing to help-out in a wide variety of activities across the Network
- Knowledge and experience of Google Analytics and SEO
- Experience of commissioning third party support, including the writing of briefs
- IT literacy – MS Office (essential), website management (essential) HTML (essential) and CRM (desirable)
The Cambridge Network office is based in the Hauser Forum on the West Cambridge site and flexible working (including some home working) is anticipated. This role is offered on the basis of a 37.5 hours per week, however, this role could be offered on a part-time basis to the right candidate.