To support the activities of the Research Team activities on device development with processing of materials and preparation to ensure relevant activities can take place in an organised and timely manner.
Device Research Technician
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide timely, reliable support across all device research project activities outlined below
- Run standard fabrication procedures, such as thin film deposition, device singulation, assembly and electrical test
- Perform material and electrical characterisation on device research samples (AFM, Raman, XPS, electrical measurements such as sheet resistance and Hall Effect)
- Manage equipment parts and consumable stock for the device research team activities as required
- Support the research team in the development of non-standard fabrication, analysis and test procedures
- Provide support to other teams when required, eg Growth Research and Development Teams
- Succinctly report findings and provide recommendations for next steps
- Collect data and communicate results and observations, providing recommendations where appropriate for process improvement
- Liaise with the equipment team on routine maintenance tasks to optimise equipment performance and reliability
- Through a hands-on rigorous experimental approach, trouble shoot problems and issues, develop and progress solutions identified from the findings
What we are looking for
Education and Qualifications:
- Engineering/Physics/Materials Science diploma or equivalent experience
- GCSE’s in English and Maths as a minimum
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an R&D/lab/production facility
- Experience of fabrication and/or characterisation of thin film materials or devices
It would be an advantage but not essential to have experience of the following:
- Operating a range of deposition techniques & characterisation equipment, such as MOCVD, ALD, Raman, AFM, XPS and SEM
- Experience of working within a clean room
- Experience of vacuum equipment maintenance
- Understanding of quantitative performance analysis, e.g. SPC, DoE
- Understanding of basic electrical and electronic engineering
- Background in electronic devices
- Demonstrate an active interest in 2D materials
Skills and knowledge:
- Tenacious, hands-on approach to tasks & problem solving
- Diligent and methodical approach to work
- Desire to complete tasks and get results in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to manage own time effectively: prioritise tasks and workload across activities
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to present information clearly and appropriately for the audience
- Respect and adherence to confidentiality and critical matters
- UK Driving licence
You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to our essential values:
Consideration: An inclusive, honest, and respectful approach to each and every relationship and partnership.
Ethicality: A considered, balanced, and fait approach to decision making and all the global impacts.
Collaboration: An ethical, inclusive, and openly communicative approach to working with everyone.
Empowerment: A collaborative, supportive, and trusting approach to responsibility and authority sharing.
Innovaiton: An empowered, open minded, and challenging approach to inventive research and development
Commitment: An innovative, proactive and focused goal to deliver quality products to out customers and partners.