The Assistant Tax Manager will sit as part the in-house tax team, supporting the UK and international operations of the Group. As this person will sit as part of the Cambridge tax team, the role will focus on work and projects managed by the headquarters team. There will be a good mix of UK, international and project work including supporting capital transactions. The role will be varied and will be a mix of UK compliance, advisory, and tax accounting.
Assistant In-House Tax Manager
Assistant In-House Tax Manager - Cambridge
AVEVA infuses industrial software with intelligence to empower people to shape a sustainable future. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver operational agility and empower human expertise. Our solutions advance engineering and operations with Performance Intelligence. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, we inspire insights that transform opportunity into sustainable business value. We combine unparalleled intelligence with collaborative innovation to enable people and industries to thrive.
There are 6,000 of our people at 90 locations in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
- Preparation of entity and group tax provisions under IFRS
- Provide assistance to the UK Tax Compliance Manager on the preparation of UK tax returns including associated R&D and patent box claims
- Assisting the Group Head of Tax with projects including legal entity rationalisation and acquisitions and disposals
- Monitoring compliance with the group’s transfer pricing policy and responding to ad hoc queries on the policy
- Assisting with enquiries from HMRC and overseas tax authorities
- Liaising with external providers
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor
- Either coming from a top tier practice or large industry
- Strong corporate tax reporting and compliance experience
- HFM experience preferable but not essential
- An interest in transfer pricing
- Self-starter who is open to learning in a growing blue-chip environment
- Strong excel experience
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: AVEVA does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.