RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Business Applications Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced and talented software engineer to join the Business Applications team that is responsible for the design, development and ongoing support of the company’s sales and subscription management systems in addition to our websites.
- Come from a software engineering background with proven experience of application development, ideally with some experience of SaaS.
- Have a desire to expand your skillset to other technologies as required.
- Experience of writing services running on cloud services such as AWS and/or Azure are desirable.
- Contribute across the entire development cycle (analysis, design, code, test, release and production support).
- Have a “can do” attitude and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a good technical degree (or equivalent qualification / experience).
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Business Applications Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are all working remotely, post COVID-19, we will be operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to easily commute to our Cambridge office for meetings on a regular basis.