Evonetix is a start-up company which is set to revolutionize de novo gene synthesis, as needed to facilitate the fast-growing and incredibly exciting field of synthetic biology.
Our technology is based upon a novel silicon array, manufactured with semiconductor microfabrication techniques and capable of independent control of many thousands of miniaturized reaction sites, allowing massive parallelism of the DNA synthesis process. Our community is a closely-knit multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electronic and software engineers, synthetic and surface chemists, physicists and biologists. Our Series B funding (Mar 2020) signifies the start of the product development phase of our project, putting our proven science into a format that can be directly deployed in our customers’ laboratories.
We are currently looking for a hands-on physicist/engineer to join our team.
Your role will be to:
- Conduct electrical measurements and accurate thermal/electrical metrology.
- Plan, test and validate thermal control system; to provide specifications, acceptance criteria and develop SOPs.
- Handle our thermal chips (preparation, inspection and record keeping).
- Maintain and develop the testing equipment and software.
- A STEM degree or equivalent.
- Experience with electrical measurements using SMU/lock-in amplifiers or similar.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, strong attention to detail, good organisation and record keeping.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. The ability to collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Data analysis and good programming skills (Python advantageous).
- Knowledge of biophysics.
- Experience with fluidics.
- Understanding thermal performance of a cooling system.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and data visualisation.
This opportunity comes with an attractive benefits package which includes a contributory pension, private medical care, life assurance as well as the opportunity to partake in the staff equity scheme.