Cyted is seeking a Clerical Assistant to join our amazing team. The Clerical Assistant will play an important role in the day-to-day work of the Pathognomics laboratory. Working under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and an Administrative Assistant the role holder will help to book-in patient cases on the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). They will be expected to enter confidential patient data and work on pathological reports and therefore must be accurate and show attention to detail. The role holder will reply to emails and liaise with clinical staff to ensure optimal service delivery. They will assist the team with any administrative work required to facilitate the smooth running of the laboratory. This role holder must be customer-service focussed and a team player.
- Booking in patient cases on the LIMS
- Support with manufacturing process
- Administrative support to the laboratory team as a whole
- Customer service duties including emails and phone calls
- Filing, photocopying, retrieving documentation
- Preparing outgoing mail and sorting incoming post
- Monitoring office stationery
- Keeping administrative areas of the laboratory neat and tidy
- Contribute to the culture of our inclusive and enthusiastic team
Working pattern, location and salary:
The role is a full-time position with a standard 37.5 hour working week. The role holder may be required to work flexibly.
The Clerical Assistant will be based at the Pathognomics laboratory in Huntingdon.
Salary in the range of £19,000 to £21,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Share options
- Personal development budget
- Health, dental, hearing and eye insurance
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- Company laptop (Mac/Windows)
- Perks at work scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free refreshments
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up, the next leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions
Qualifications and background:
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
- Customer services experience (desirable)
- Handling telephone enquiries (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Data processing experience (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to learn new systems quickly and follow instructions.