BIOS is unlocking the potential of the nervous system in treating chronic disease by using AI-powered neural interfaces that can automatically read and write neural signals.
BIOS is made up of a wide range of experts from neuroscience, machine learning, software engineering, applied biomaterials, biotechnology, medicine, and business and operations.
We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, fun and stimulating company team culture, who are focused on overcoming challenges, and want to grow along with the company. We are especially looking for candidates that share our values: enjoy solving hard problems; bring a unique perspective but become an active part of the BIOS team; respect what matters and do what’s right; and enjoy the challenge.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with all-round experience in marketing and communications who can execute the company's communications strategy, connect us with our stakeholders, and manage and exploit our brand. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to grow their skills and be proactive and creative across a wide range of marketing activities. The role will report into the Head of Communications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing compelling content ideas, and writing and proofreading copy for blogs and other content
- Managing the creation and maintenance of external-facing content including marketing materials, promotional items, updates to the website, etc.
- Developing social media content and strategies for targeting key audiences and managing social media day to day
- Coordinating internal marketing and communications efforts and supporting internal events
- Supporting the organisation of BIOS-hosted external events
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders across all teams, as well as external agencies and service providers
- Analysing relevant marketing data and proposing new marketing tactics to improve performance
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Degree level in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in relevant marketing or communications roles, especially fast-growth startups – ideally tech, deeptech, health/medtech and/or AI
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills for interacting with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Adaptability and readiness to take on new challenges
- Organisational skills to plan and drive campaigns and strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, both long form and social media
- Experience in managing social media accounts and campaigns on behalf of a business
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience in a startup (strongly preferred)
- SEO and website editing and optimisation
- HTML coding ability
- Graphic design experience, especially Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required, and PowerPoint a plus
- Interest in healthcare and BIOS’s mission
- Experience in the healthcare field
BIOS is an exciting and progressive business which values its people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that people who are happy and healthy at work and at home produce better results. Therefore we have a compensation and benefits package that promotes health, finance, life:work balance and professional development.
Salary of £25,000 to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience and company share options.
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (office and remote) and flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Healthcare and Dental insurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- A variety of wellbeing initiatives (incl. gym membership contribution, cycle maintenance scheme)
- Financial support for commuters through our season ticket loan scheme
- Great central Cambridge location with excellent transport links (incl. rail, bus, bike, scooters) and local amenities
BIOS is committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.