Team Consulting is an internationally renowned medical device development consultancy based in the UK.
Consultant Mechanical Engineer
We have over 30 years’ experience of working with our global client base on a range of award-winning, innovative products, particularly in drug delivery and medtech sectors. Team is 100% employee owned, as we recognise the importance of employees in our success, now and in the future.
This is a permanent role and is suited to candidates with experience of designing devices for medium and high volume manufacture, ideally in the medical device industry, with a high degree of competence in the design of test rigs, mechanical systems and/or injection moulded components.
The role will combine technical lead and consultant engineer duties – as required by our clients’ projects. As a Consultant you will lead and/or work on the design and development of robust, capable and reliable medical devices as part of multi-disciplinary teams. You will participate in all aspects of medical device development from brainstorming and prototyping to design development, risk analysis, testing and client presentations/meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Significant experience and proven track record in device development, from concept to manufacture, in medical or other highly regulated product markets (e.g. automotive, aerospace, defence etc.)
- Technical analysis and math modelling
- 3D and 2D CAD (SolidWorks)
- Good degree in an engineering or product design discipline
- Drug delivery device experience
- Experience of design for high volume manufacturing (+1 million devices per annum)
- Experience of working for a technical consultancy
- Risk management techniques
- Track record in leadership of engineering activities within multi-disciplinary project teams
- 3D and 2D CAD (Creo)
- Finite Element Analysis and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Product life cycle management (including specification, verification and validation)
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Excellent communications skills, including communicating to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Structured and methodical problem solving
- Versatility to work effectively, on varied products across a range of clients, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- Team player who is comfortable working as part of a close-knit project team
- Business development experience
- Professional development track record
- Experience in project planning and cost estimation
- Project management experience
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive activities
- Copes well with unexpected change, is flexible and calm under pressure
- Confident with a positive and engaging communication style
- Respectful of others views, opinions and contributions
- Collaborates effectively and actively shares own knowledge
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and workload
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Eager to continually learn and improve
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.