- Provide support on the database, using structured query language (SQL).
- Advise internal team members and external clients on study database(s) content.
- Engage in building and maintaining data dictionaries and process documentation.
- Undertake quality checks to assure high standards of data and code.
- Contribute to data analyses as required for research and quality improvement projects.
- Maintain compliance with information governance and company policies.
- Manage a team of data analysts .
- Forecast future needs of the company and prepare the team to handle them
MSc or equivalent experience with strong technical or scientific components (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics).
- 3+ years of experience with SQL (particularly SQL Server) and database processing (ETL, stored procedures, large datasets)
- 3+ years of experience coding and reporting with R and R Markdown
- Strong in data analysis, interpretation and visualization.
- Experience in data dictionaries and advanced documentation systems.
- Desirable experience of working with clinical databases
- Knowledge of how to best handle large relational datasets (>1Billion rows)
Essential skills: R, SQL Server, clinical or medical research, proactive approach, team management
Desirable: Statistical background (models, correlations, hypothesis), general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Stata), database administration tools (migration, DB administration).
About Optimum Patient Care (OPC)
Optimum Patient Care (OPC) has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 15 years. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise providing a range of quality improvement services to over 900 GP surgeries across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our services include clinical audit and quality improvement services, IG-compliant data extraction services, and research support services. Our services are provided at no cost to participating practices and freely available to all GP surgeries across the UK. Our anonymised research database – OPC Research Database (OPCRD), is one of the largest electronic health record databases in the world for research use, with over 11 million anonymised patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full time position. Starting salary is in the region of £45,000 to £50,000 p.a.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role. We look forward to hearing from you.