We are looking for a dev-ops and implementation engineer to work with our head of platform to deliver the software, and underlying algorithms, in a robust, scalable, and secure manner.
Dev-ops and Implementation Engineer
Full time, Cambridge.
Intellegens is a spin-out from the University of Cambridge that has developed a unique machine learning platform that can work with sparse and noisy data. We are working with several customers to deploy our Alchemite™ solution in a number of environments, eg cloud (AWS, Google, Azure) or on-site, various partner integration programs, and also developing new features to be deployed on our customer-hosted solutions. Alchemite is a Docker-based system that is deployed via Kubernetes using Helm charts. The primary installation runs on GKE, however, we run dedicated customer environments that need support. At the heart of the deployment is a Flask-based API that is built from a number of core python modules. Our stack also includes PostgreSQL, NFS, Redis, Keycloak, NGINX, Sanic, GraphQL, and React. As a dev-ops and implementation engineer, you will work with our head of platform to deliver the software, and underlying algorithms, in a robust, scalable, and secure manner. You will also be expected to apply changes to the underlying python tools with well constructed, well tested robust code.
About the role
- Minimum Bachelors 2:1 degree in computer science, engineering, science, or mathematics
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure, including data persistence, ideally GCP but AWS and Azure appreciated. Experience with Terraform a plus.
- Experience with Docker images, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines, ideally with CircleCI
- Knowledge of security best practices and their implementation
- Experience in Python and best development practices
- Be highly self-motivated and technically strong
- GitHub profile
- Collaborative and fast-paced working environment with neither red tape nor bureaucracy
- Share options and exceptional career opportunities as an early team member
- Deep tech startup with equity options
- Flexible working