Paragraf, a leading developer of graphene thin film electronics, is looking for an experienced device development engineer to join our growing technology team. Since its isolation in 2004 graphene has promised continually to reshape the world of electronics but has so far remained an elusive prospect. Our company vision is to finally bring the game changing capabilities of this material to the world, delivering its extraordinary benefits to global society. Built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based technologies the company has a wide range of technology development areas in sectors ranging from green energy generation and storage through to medical instrumentation and diagnostics and far beyond.
Device Development Engineer
At Paragraf we seek likeminded, driven people inspired by the idea of achieving and delivering what is currently out of reach. If you have this mindset and believe you can bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we would love to meet you and find out if our exciting challenge appeals to you.
We are seeking an individual who can:-
- Apply engineering knowledge to the fabrication and scale-up of graphene-based sensors, semiconductor devices.
- Explore novel packaging solutions to enable graphene’s unique properties.
- Support the team as required with the daily management of activities
- Manage individual projects, as set out by our technology roadmap and new product development processes
- Compile updates for management team reviews
- Document & implement R&D practices, approaches & policies
- Work with external partners and manage their contributions where necessary
With the following skills: -
- Knowledge and experience in semiconductor device fabrication
- Background of device packaging
- Strong applied, hands-on capabilities
- Considered and organised approach to tasks
- Capability to grasp quickly new scientific concepts and technologies
- Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback
- Ability to handle several ongoing projects, and can prioritise and organise own workload
- Capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions
- At least a 2:1 degree level in relevant subject; engineering, physics, materials science, etc, or suitable equivalent experience
Advantageous skills and experience: -
- Experience with microfluidic devices.
- Experience of 2D materials