Intrasonics is looking for a Software Developer with a focus on DevOps technologies, techniques, and practices. We are looking for someone who is confident with the full software pipeline and likes to be involved in every phase of it
Founded in 2008, Intrasonics is recognised as the leading global provider of audio watermarking technology for applications in audience research, forensic watermarking, and synchronised second screen apps. In 2021, Intrasonics was acquired by their long-term partner Ipsos, the third-largest market research company in the world.
Headquartered in Cambridge, we have developed and patented audio recognition technologies that put us in a unique position in the market. You’ll be working in a collaborative environment with an exceptional R&D team who are constantly refining our technologies and products as well as creating new ones
In Intrasonics we are constantly trying to improve our workflow and we are not afraid of investing in new ideas. If you like to design, program, and deploy resilient distributed system you are in the right place. You will have the chance to work on established projects, kickstart new ones, and make a case for new technologies and ideas.
What you’ll be doing:
• Developing back-end software infrastructure that provides the backbone of our end-toend solutions.
• Supporting our efforts to improve our cloud infrastructure finding the most efficient and cost-effective solutions for deployments.
• Implementing interfaces to internal and third-party servers.
• Contributing to the company’s software strategy and architectures.
• Managing and prioritising multiple tasks.
• Project managing technical development where required.
• Communicate with customers to establish requirements.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will bring
• A good technical degree or equivalent.
• An enthusiastic attitude with a ‘gets things done’ mentality.
• Good communication skills and ability to commit to and meet deadlines.
• The willingness and ability to rapidly pick up new technologies.
• Flexibility in approach, and ability to adapt schedules against fast changing priorities.
• Thrive in working in a dynamic, small company environment.
• Deductive reasoning and heuristic problem-solving skills.
• Experience in professional software development.
• A solid understanding of software design and architecture.
• Experience designing testable software and working with CI/CD systems.
• An ability to produce clear, informative supporting documentation.
• Ability to communicate efficiently in a technical environment.
• Experience with Version Control Systems, preferably Git.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl,…
• Comfortable with Unix command line tools such as “find”, “grep”, “awk”,... • Experience designing and working with RESTful APIs.
• Basic database design and management knowledge.
• Cloud solutions experience using Amazon AWS or GoogleCloud;
• Infrastructure as Code. E.g. Ansible, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation,…
• Experience with software packages, e.g. APT, RPM, …
• Experience with container and orchestration technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, LXC,…
• Other technoloties associated with multitier architectures, and distributed computing. E.g. Redis, RabbitMQ, Prometheus, Apache Kafka, ELK, load balancers,..
Our commitment to you
• Competitive salary with discretionary annual bonus
• Pension scheme
• Private healthcare;
• 25 holidays + bank holidays + additional leave after 2 years' service;
• Extended parental leave;
• Cycle2work scheme;
• Newly refurbished offices located by Cambridge Station and the Botanic Gardens;
• Regular Friday afternoon dedicated to fun projects (of your choice) and learning;
• Relaxed and informal working environment, with regular team outings (e.g. team lunches, escape rooms, karting, board-game nights, etc) and optional sports lunches (e.g. climbing, running, etc);
• Complimentary refreshments.
Diversity and Inclusion Intrasonics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment, and ensuring we have a diversity of people and views. We don’t just look at your CV. Our focus is on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to the team. If this sounds appealing to you apply now.