AIXTRON SE is a leading provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry. The Company's technology solutions are used by a diverse range of customers worldwide to build advanced components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials and more recently carbon nanostructures. Such components are used in display technology, signal and lighting technology, fiber communication networks, wireless and cell telephony applications, optical and electronic data storage, power electronics, computer technology as well as a wide range of other high-tech applications. AIXTRON SE’s securities are listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Founded in 1983, the Company is headquartered in Herzogenrath, Germany.
Electrical Wiring Technician Temp to Perm
This role is based within our production environment at our UK site in Swavesey. The technician will work on all aspects of system looming, panel wiring and electrical assembly/sub assembly. The individual will be working to design schematics, layouts and be able to handle tight deadlines. In a few circumstances, the individual may be required to go on-site at customer locations to assist with servicing or installation of systems.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Specialist electrical wiring and assembly.
- Able to wire to electrical schematics (knowledge/use of E Plan is essential).
- Use of SAP would be advantageous.
- General electro-mechanical build and assembly.
- Liaising closely with the Production Lead and the engineering team to ensure that the products are shipped on time and built to the technical brief.
- Pro-active in supporting/developing new systems introduced onto the shopfloor.
- Creation and custodian of documentation in supporting standardised wiring of machines.
- Actively reporting issues and help in problem solving.
- Maintain the production area and equipment to ensure a safe, clean and organised environment.
Primary Task List
Identify and assemble components to control panels. Wiring systems using E Plan drawings. Fabrications and fittings interconnecting cables
Various documentation tasks, problem solving, reporting.
Secondary Task List
Supporting electrical work of systems on customer sites (e.g. servicing, installation, upgrades) – if and when required.
Up to 5%
Qualifications and Experience:
- City & Guilds, BTEC in electrical/electro-mechanical engineering level 3 or above, or equivalent qualification/experience
- Good electrical/electro-mechanical assembly background
- Possession of 17th edition wiring regulations certificate is an advantage
- PAT testing or electrical safety experience & qualifications is an advantage
- Understanding of electrical schematic engineering drawings and principles
- Computer literate
- Good electro-mechanical assembly background, with practical and technical skills.
- Understanding of electrical drawings and principles, able to use e-plan and to keep up to date with current electrical regulations.
- Knowledge of common modern system architecture including safety and plc.
- Ability to work methodically and precisely.
- Ability to manage a varied workload in an efficient manner.
- Ability to deliver work under time constraints
- Work well as part of a team.
- Have initiative and be able to take responsibility.
- Good communication skills.
- Undertake overtime demands when required.
Working Conditions / Environment:
- The role will be based within our production area. Must be capable of being on feet for 8 hours a day.
- You will adopt the working practices of a company-wide quality system.
- Standard day shift role.
- Some travel and flexibility may be required.
We offer a very competitive salary (negotiable and dependent on experience) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Should you be interested in this role, please apply here:
All candidates need to be eligible to work indefinitely in the UK.
No agencies please.