A new opportunity has arisen in Wellcome Connecting Science to support the Associate Director for Engagement and Society, and the wider team.
Executive Assistant to the Associate Director and Team Coordinator
About the role:
You will deliver high-level executive support to the Associate Director, Engagement and Society, Connecting Science by managing priorities, projects, and specific tasks.
- You will use your understanding of our programme, activities and key objectives, to filter and prioritise commitments and actions that need to be addressed by the Associate Director; using your judgement to identify areas that you can progress yourself.
- You will work closely with the Associate Director, to ensure that they are fully briefed and prepared for high-level project and other meetings, keeping them fully updated on all communications.
- You will develop good overview of the Engagement and Society area of Connecting Science, managing relationships and sharing information with both internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Associate Director.
In addition you will also deliver active project management support across this area, from coordinating project meetings and actions, to liaising with internal departments and external suppliers.
Working with the Associate Director, and as part of a dynamic team, your role will ensure that this area of Connecting Science meets its strategic goals and ambitions around engagement, society and genomics.
- Demonstrable experience of providing high-level support to a Senior Leadership Team member, including complex inbox and diary management
- Exceptional organiser with the ability to prioritise and manage work load
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from team members to project partners.
- Excellent attention to detail needed to manage projects effectively
- Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between operational matters and strategic goals
- Able to work flexibly and collaboratively in a busy and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills needed to build and maintain working relationships and articulate specific goals
- Evidence of working independently and being proactive in solving problems
- Positive, open-minded with a flexible approach
- Excellent IT skills, including Google and Microsoft applications
- Experience of financial or other performance reporting
- Qualification or equivalent experience in project management
- Qualification or equivalent experience in high-level administration
- Experience of working in a scientific or academic environment, or an interest in science, social science, and research
Please include a cover letter with your CV and application with details on where you meet the essential criteria of the role.
Applications and interviews are expected to be reviewed and take place on an ongoing basis.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.