Nuclera is a scaling biotech company based on the Cambridge Science Park. Our mission is to provide life science researchers intuitive, powerful, and time-saving tools to engineer biology. Our first product will be a benchtop instrument capable of cartridge-based next-day gene and protein synthesis. Using our instrument, scientists in the synthetic biology and therapeutic market sectors can rely on a standardised, next-day supply of genes and proteins that integrates with their engineering biology workflows. Our instrument will allow R&D-intensive businesses to streamline their biodiscovery processes, resulting in better resource allocation and accelerated return on investment.
Facilities and Purchasing Co-ordinator
This is a challenging and multi-faceted role. This position coordinates the activities of facilities, Health and Safety, store, purchasing and IT functions of a small but rapidly growing organisation with multiple sites within the Science Park. This is an office-based role but would require the incumbent to be very hands-on and a master at multi-tasking.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Facilities and H & S
- Supports with the management of all onsite facilities and office-based services.
- Oversee weekly health and safety checks.
- Carry out risk assessments and maintenance checks across the offices, laboratories and engineering workshop ensuring that our all our employees’ workspace is safe and fit for purpose.
- Resolving problems arising from your inspections of the premises and co-ordinate any works needed to be done.
- Managing of contractors and suppliers as required implementing and ensuring contractors adhere to the Permit to Work system.
- Managing onsite security including issuing and cancellation of all security ID passes and administration of our alarm system.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping is achieved throughout the premises.
- Be trained and act as a Lead First Aider and Fire Warden.
- Actively engaged in the planning of office and laboratory spaces
- Manage the procurement functions to ensure the right items are purchased at the right price and on a timely basis.
- Review and evaluate suppliers to ensure best price are secured through due diligence and best practice.
- Be agile in learning new applications as the company grow and new systems are being introduced.
- Act as point of contact for all goods delivery and ensure the order recipients are made aware of the delivery.
- Manage storage of goods in the store to ensure tidiness and manage the re-stocking of Consumables where appropriate.
- Asset Management of all IT equipment.
- Ensure new joiners are equipped for onboarding.
- Ensure equipment and other items are collected from leavers for off boarding.
- 3 to 5 years in facilities and Health and Safety Management or a willingness to be trained as an H & S competent Person.
- 1 to 2 experience store management and procurement
- Good IT skills
- Previously trained First Aider
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification e.g IOSH
- Recognised Purchasing or Procurement qualifications (e.g. SIPS)
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tasks
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- EMI-approved Option Scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks in the office
- Access to amenities from the Cambridge Science Park