This is a pivotal role leading the financial reporting and controls function within Horizon, leading a global team of 14 ensuring the delivery of robust financial results.
You will be responsible for the delivery of internal reporting to PKI, working closely with PKI and Horizon key internal stakeholders, i.e. Sr. Director- Integration & Controllership Initiatives, local financial controllers, wider Horizon finance team and you will ensure we produce high quality internal financial reporting and information.
As part of Horizon’s Finance leadership team, you will drive enhancements on our processes and optimise systems. Through the delivery of high-class financial insight and information, you will directly contribute to improving performance and delivering objectives.
• Responsible for financial group reporting to PKI, managing the complexities around multi-currency, global entities, and local statutory obligations; including US GAAP financials/disclosures. Managing mapping of P&L and Balance sheet reporting into Horizon internal systems and consistency with PKI systems.
• Accountable for the delivery of all internal controls as well as oversight for SOX program requirements
• Support Sr. Director- Integration & Controllership Initiatives (PKI) in ensuring smooth transition of pre and post integration activities and relationships between PKI and Horizon
• Leads, coaches and develops Horizon’s global transactional finance team
• Lead the coordination of the statutory audits to deliver a clean audit report on time ensuring that the audit team work efficiently and effectively with internal and external resources
• Ensuring strong systems of financial governance and controls are in place throughout the Group, including multiple revenue recognition models
• Detailed monthly review of legal entities, working with local finance managers, ensuring variances are properly explained, accounting policies are adhered to and consolidate into group financial summary
• Coordinate the monthly closing process and production of the consolidated financial statements
• Owns the group accounting manual and policies; accountable for keeping up to date in line with external standards; ensures group compliance and for consistent and efficient reporting, systems and standard operating procedures across the business
• Be US GAAP technical expert, involved in the accounting treatment of the judgmental/technically complex areas that impact the Group numbers (i.e. impairment, intangible assets)
• Direct and control the advance recognition and implementation of changes in US GAAP, provide technical guidance on complex accounting issues and the Group’s consolidation reporting systems.
• Subject matter expert who provides guidance and support to Horizon strategic initiatives to optimise efficiency and effectiveness
• Accountable for transactional finance team ensuring robust control measures, timely and accurate delivery to the business, consistently seeking process improvements
• Liaison with tax team to ensure suitable oversight of tax impacts of key transactions and accurate calculation of taxes are able to be calculated.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and holds an appropriate professional qualification (ACA/CIMA /ACCA).
• Demonstrable leadership experience of managing global teams
• Extensive experience in a similar role in a complex organisation
• Demonstrable experience of working in a listed environment
• Experience operating in a SOX environment
• Strong technical acumen in US GAAP and ideally IFRS
• Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Strong Excel and accounting systems skills.
• Experience of business process improvement
If this sounds like you then this is your opportunity to apply your skills and interests to projects that will positively impact patient outcomes, apply now!