Redgate makes software to help companies and professionals get the most out of their databases. Our products are designed to work for everyone – from the smallest, single developer houses to Fortune 500 companies. We succeed by reliably solving our customers’ problems with ingeniously simple software.
Junior Software Engineer (Products)
We’re looking for talented software engineers to join one of our product teams. If you’re passionate about learning to write great code, love working in a team, and want to shape the software you build, we want to hear from you.
At Redgate, we believe that the best software comes from engaging small teams with clear purpose, freedom to act, and a drive to learn.
Redgate is committed to supporting remote working throughout 2021 for all of our people, including new people who join us. We’re also aiming to accommodate COVID-safe office-based working for people who prefer to work this way when and where we can. Understanding how we can evolve our ways of work to offer flexibility and the benefits of both worlds after the pandemic is over is a key company goal for 2021.
Development at Redgate
From the get-go, you’ll be involved in all stages of software development: from research calls with customers to pushing your code through our automated build system and making those all-important deployments.
Most of our code is written in C# (with a growing number of products using web technologies including TypeScript and React). We use GitHub for source control and TeamCity for continuous integration. Every software engineer gets all the hardware they need (fast machines and multiple monitors are standard), and freedom in choosing the software tools they’re comfortable with.
We take personal development seriously at Redgate. We run frequent lightning talks, open spaces (mini conferences run by Redgate engineers), and a yearly Down Tools Week. We have a healthy budget for attending conferences, and the last three years we’ve even held our own with all sessions run by Redgate employees.
What you’ll learn as a Redgate Software Engineer
- You’ll gain skills using a modern object-oriented language – we predominately use C#.
- You’ll learn how we make ingeniously simple software
- You’ll work in a highly collaborative team of software engineers and be enthusiastic about engaging with customers, designers, and product managers as necessary to create great products and services.
- You’ll gain experience working within an agile development team, using practices such as TDD, BDD and continuous delivery.
- A great benefits package
- You’ll work about 40 hours per week, with flexible work time
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to personal development, community and innovation
- Salary is £30,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience)
At Redgate we recruit on a rolling basis, which means we carry on recruiting until we find the right person for the role. We tend to compare individuals to the role specification rather than to each other.