The RxCelerate group of companies provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies.
RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to join us and help develop our services as we scale up to support our growing client base. The position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
We are seeking a technician to work with our expanding drug discovery team. The successful candidate will facilitate the smooth operation of the labs and provide support to the research team to enable the delivery of client and in-house projects. This can be a part-time or full-time position and is predominantly a lab-based role. It is expected that the successful candidate will perform work closely with the research team and under supervision. They will have a pro-active and flexible approach and be an exceptional team-worker. Training will be provided, but prior experience in a laboratory is essential.
- Preparation and autoclaving of reagents, buffers, nutrient media and agar.
- Washing and drying of glassware to ensure supply.
- General lab organisation and maintenance activities.
- Maintenance of laboratory stock including consumables and reagents.
- Processing and distribution of deliveries.
- Liaison and communication with research team and respond to requirements
- Accurate record keeping.
- Scientific A-level or degree is desirable.
- Minimum of a year of practical experience gained in a laboratory environment.
- Reagent and media preparation experience highly desirable.
- Familiarity with biotech research consumables.
- Flexible and conscientious approach.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and timelines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to health and safety policies.
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format by 1st October 2021. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.