Are you looking for your next career move? We have an exciting opportunity for a lead WordPress Developer to join our established Cambridgeshire agency. We’re looking for a developer who is as enthusiastic about WordPress as we are.
Lead Web Developer
Alongside leading the dev team and maintaining and enhancing existing websites, successful candidates will be working within our current code base, as well as working on brand new end-to-end development projects. You will need to have the confidence and ability to multi-task whilst remaining a clear thinker and communicator.
The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and best practices for web performance, accessibility, and usability. You will be working on a range of different projects and delivering on tight deadlines.
- Development of new and existing WordPress websites
- Ensuring all code is tested and reviewed to the highest standards
- Maintenance of technical documentation
- Debug problems with existing WordPress plugins and setups
- Clear communication with the team and utilising project management tools
- Creating and maintaining existing bespoke themes and plugins
- Creating new and updating existing modules within themes
- Debugging and fixing bugs within our code base
- Interacting and working with APIs
- Ensuring code meets performance needs
- Leading the development team
- Good understanding of front-end technologies:
- Proven track record of developing custom WordPress themes
- A strong PHP coding background with proven experience
- The ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to delivery
- Strong experience in developing mobile-first responsive designs
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent styles across browsers and platforms
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with performance auditing websites
- Understand the concept of WordPress shortcodes and plugin structure
- Strong leadership skills - mentoring the team and driving success
Bonus points for:
- Experience maintaining build tools
- Developed an open-source theme or plugin
- Knowledge of PSR-2 standards
- Familiarity with ACF & Gutenberg
- DevOps experience
- Hubspot developer experience
- Laravel experience
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about their work
- Keen to learn and develop
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Hard working and proactive
- Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Resilient and maintains a positive attitude at all times
Flexible working and WFH
Although our offices are based near Cambridge, we are currently working from home. When things return to normal, we plan to keep working remotely and use the office as a collaborative hub for meetings and company catchups such as the occasional lunch. We also get together for dinner each quarter to let our hair down and all hotels or taxis are covered by the company, so your actual location is not important.
Why work with us
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a talented and friendly group of people who are driven to be the best at what they do.
We offer a place for you to take ownership of your work and grow within the business.
Everyone is valued, listened to, and recognised as contributing in their own way to the company's success.
If you are conscientious, systematic, and excited about being part of an awesome team, you could look forward to:
- A salary of £40K - £50K depending on your experience
- Managing our team of developers and being the technical lead
- Fully flexible working policy
- Hybrid, mostly remote, working
- Continued training and professional development, all our team are encouraged to attend conferences and find training opportunities and courses to develop their skills
- Company bonus scheme which can pay up to an additional 10% on top of your basic salary
We would love to hear from you if you want to push yourself to the next level.