We have new opportunities for three lawyers to join our Legal and Governance team and contribute to supporting ground-breaking science at the Wellcome Genome Campus. These roles will be a mix of permanent and fixed term contracts of 12-months.
About the role:
- To provide legal advice on a wide range of agreements, including research agreements, in compliance with our internal policies. Drafting and negotiating these agreements, as well as supporting our internal clients to finalise these.
- To provide legal support as needed to other functional teams within our organisation (e.g. Finance, IT, Procurement, Facilities Management).
- To help develop and contribute to projects within the Legal & Governance team (e.g. projects to develop intranet resources to inform and train internal clients on standard legal processes and agreements).
- Keep abreast of legal developments, sharing relevant insights with colleagues in the Legal team.
- Enthusiasm for our organisation’s charitable mission and focus on scientific research
- Qualified as a solicitor in the UK (or equivalent in other jurisdictions)
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
- Experience of applying legal expertise to business problems in a complex and dynamic setting
- Demonstrable ability to give advice that strikes an appropriate balance between risk and benefits, taking into account legal considerations as well as the needs of our clients
- Strong communicator with effective project management and/or time management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to present ideas articulately and to effectively convey legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people (from scientists and academics to finance and operational professionals)
- “Can-do” attitude focused on looking for solutions
- Positive, open-minded with a flexible approach
- Experience in data protection compliance matters is a plus
- Good understanding of charity sector
- Exposure to scientific research or pharma/biotech environment
We appreciate the importance of achieving a healthy work-life balance and support this with a number of benefits, including a flexible working policy for anyone who may wish to apply to amend their working pattern.
We welcome applications for full time, part time, or flexible working.
We follow a flexible hybrid model to enable a balance of remote and office working.