Furthermore, this role is to help ensure the efficient running of the office. You will look after the general office tidiness and maintenance of office equipment and supplies control. You will provide administrative support to the team and assist operational staff in the delivery of services.
Based near Cambridge, UK, SPT Labtech is a global supplier of innovative and enabling products for the drug discovery and drug development markets. Our solutions save time and material costs and simplify complex operations. We are natural innovators. We create, design and manufacture high quality, robust and innovative automated laboratory equipment for academic, pharmaceutical and
You will be responsible for:
- Greeting visitors and preparing hot/cold beverages where required.
- Preparing Conference and Board meeting rooms ahead of all company and client meetings, ensuring meeting rooms are tidied/stocked up regularly.
- Minuting and distributing accurate records of meetings, as required.
- Ordering and maintaining stock of relevant stationary/ office supplies.
- Handling post, including use of franking machine.
- Updating Intranet pages/ internal notice boards.
- Ordering and distributing kitchen supplies of milk, tea, fresh fruit etc.
- Coordinating tidying of the office in general and helping to arrange necessary repairs.
- Supporting the Executive Assistant with day-to-day tasks and providing calendar management cover when the Executive Assistant is on annual leave.
- Supporting the Social Committee with the organisation of internal events (for example booking food vendors, organising venues).
- Booking travel and accommodation, arranging lunches for meetings.
- Supporting the H&S Committee with H&S administration tasks (for example collating DSE assessments, ensuring visitor Covid questionnaires are completed etc.)
- Any other administrative tasks, as required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Good verbal communication and listening skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and organise yourself to complete tasks fully and on time;
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems to find solutions;
- Literate with good written communication skills;
- Ability to check for accuracy and give attention to detail;
- Ability to answer, speak confidently and take messages on the phone;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and databases;
- Proficient in use of computers, especially Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Good numeracy skills.
- Friendly and helpful, with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Team worker;
- Calm under pressure;
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list;
- Well-presented, polite and tactful.
SPT Labtech is based on the Melbourn Science Park, a short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas. There are excellent cycle, train, road and airport connections.
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including: Private Medical Insurance, generous Pension Plan & Profit Share. Also, CycleScheme, discounted gym memberships, Employee Assistance Programme.
We are based on the Melbourn Science Park, a lovely village location that is still only short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas.
Before applying, please take the time to read our recruitment privacy notice which can be found here: https://www.sptlabtech.com/job-applicant-privacy-notice/