Roles and responsibilities
• Implementing lean manufacturing methods to improve reliability and repeatability of existing pilot-scale fabrication processes to enable high volume manufacturing of infrared sensor arrays.
• Develop and optimise routine manufacturing and testing processes to define process windows and operating parameters that ensure top-quality imaging devices.
• Define Standard Operating Procedures and process controls that ensure yield and quality.
• Drive continuous improvement of standard processes and procedures and implement lean six-sigma methodology.
• At least 10 years experience in thin film deposition and encapsulation using techniques including ALD, PVD, Thermal & E-Beam evaporation in semiconductor fab environment.
• Experience using optical lithography, thermal metal evaporation, plasma etching, spin coating, inert-atmosphere glovebox operation will be a major advantage.
• An understanding of ISO9001, lean / six-sigma manufacturing and wider regulatory compliance.
• Excellent communication, influencing and communication skills.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate practical experience of thin-film deposition and process development for optoelectronic device manufacturing in an industrial cleanroom environment.
Emberion develops and produces photonics and electronics that will revolutionise infrared photodetectors and thermal sensors in applications ranging from hyperspectral and thermal imaging to night vision and machine vision. We deliver tailored, high-quality solutions for those in need of superior technical performance and improved return-on-investment in R&D. Our passion is to take imaging and sensing quality to a new level.