The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership is a globally influential institute with a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy. Our work has never been more relevant as leaders in business and government look to 'build back better' from the Covid-19 global pandemic. In our eyes, this means an economic recovery which prioritises investment and innovation in solutions to climate change, the restoration of nature, whilst delivering inclusive, resilient societies. We catalyse market leadership through our Centres, our multi-disciplinary research and educational programmes.
Project Manager, Centre for Business Transformation
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to join our Centre for Business Transformation which convenes and supports companies, undertakes and applies research in the real economy and houses our Accelerator and Sustainability Hub.
About the role
Combining delivery of existing workstreams with the development of new offerings, you will:
- Lead on project management across a programme of work, from planning and administration, financial and resource monitoring, stakeholder engagement and reporting, liaising with colleagues in communications, finance and legal teams.
- Coordinate thought leadership activities and outputs, sourcing feedback and liaising with communications colleagues, producing and helping position high quality outputs.
- Support business development and recruitment to the Centre's leadership groups, business and content development, including researching and organising business, market and subject matter information for projects, client and funding proposals.
- Work closely with the Centre Director and other colleagues to engage clients and group members, build relationships with companies, organisations and funders.
- Lead on planning and delivery of workshops, webinars and events, currently through online platforms, which bring together different stakeholders.
You will be part of a dynamic team within one of the world's most recognised institutions with unique access to CISL's international network and the Cambridge community and the opportunity to transform business practice and ambition.
Your knowledge, experience and skills
- Strong project management skills, including project planning, scheduling and collaboration. Experience with project management tools and project management qualifications are desirable.
- Ability to manage complex projects and concurrent projects of different types and on different topics.
- Experience of managing and delivering events (in person and virtual) is desirable.
- High attention to detail. Experience with organisational administration is desirable.
- Understanding of the sustainability landscape and issues. Knowledge of related organisations and stakeholders is desirable. Expertise in content areas such as net zero, nature positive, circularity or social inclusion is a bonus.
- Ability to research and organise information and produce accessible briefing documents on substantive topics relevant to the team's work.
- Highly proficient in both written and spoken English. Additional languages are desirable. Experience producing external reports and written work in a relevant context is a bonus.
- Financially numerate, able to manage project budgets and contracts. Experience with financial planning monitoring and administration is desirable.
- High level of competence across standard office software packages and online platforms. Experience with CRM systems and supporting communications on social media platforms is desirable.
- Educated to degree level
Please quote reference EN25594 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.