Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Send me alerts every 7 days Share this Job R&D Engineer II
Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Have a first-class or upper second-class honours degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Mathematics (or related field).
- Professional software development experience; candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of good software design and modern software development methodologies.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A high level of technical competency in C# and a solid understanding of the .Net framework
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they can write clean, maintainable code
- Experience in the following would be advantageous (but are not requirements)
- Profiling and optimization
- ASP.Net MVC
- HTML / CSS
- SQL Server
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.