Opportunities for permanent roles in a range of business sectors
Senior Business Development Executive
The Business Development team are responsible for generating identifying, researching and qualifying prospects. The team provide support to all of our practice departments and Sectors so this role will involve advising on a range of different areas which provides an interesting variety to the role.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Business Development Executive to join our busy Business Development team. This is very much an advisory role and requires someone who forms a considered opinion and can present their ideas effectively, with the guidance of senior members of the team. Building strong, collaborative internal relationships with key partners, fee earners and other business support teams will be key in this role.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the partners to write practice group business plans and driving the implementation of these plans.
- Developing the sales pipeline within the departments on a one-to-one basis, identifying opportunities for dialogue with each lawyer’s ‘top targets’, cross selling and added value (pipeline/opportunity tracking).
- Developing high quality sales tools to convey experience and messages to clients and targets and ensure their effective use.
- Developing detailed engagement plans that drive opportunity to contract closing.
- Encouraging fee earners to track and develop relationships with their contacts.
- Proactively tracking clients and competitors and distributing industry news and trends, spotting potential revenue generation opportunities.
- Supporting the team with client targeting campaigns, creating reports and collating data to help measure and track the success of these campaigns and initiatives.
- Working with the BD team and lawyers to format and template marketing collateral, credentials documents, pitch materials and presentations and ensuring credentials databases are up to date.
- Working alongside with the Marketing, Communications and Events team to ensure we have a successful programme of targeted events across the year and carrying out post-event follow-up to key clients and prospects.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to help monitor social media activity and engagement on social media channels.
- Working with the team to promote a best practice approach and promote the effective use of the firm’s CRM database (InterAction). Identify ways to improve processes to help save time, increase efficiency and enhance the service we deliver.
- Supporting with CRM related administration, including setting up and managing marketing lists, events activity as well as optimising its use for client and prospect targeting and tracking.
- Although pitching will not be a key aspect of this role, all members of the BD team are responsible for monitoring and managing new tender opportunities. When appropriate, this will include the full range of support from evaluating the opportunity, creating the relevant internal team and managing the document.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who will be proactive and creative in their approach to delivering BD support to fee earners.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of business development principles and be able to work with all stakeholders to drive forward business development initiatives and support growth strategies. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of qualifying and pursuing the right opportunities that will generate profitable work and demonstrates a sound commercial approach to fee generation.
They will be proactive, a self-starter and most importantly be able to build relationships with key people. This role could suit someone who is ambitious and looking for their next step in BD.
- Interest in Marketing and Brands;
- At least three years marketing/business development experience;
- Previous experience of working in a marketing function, preferably in a professional services environment would be advantageous;
- Excellent attention to detail, good organisation skills and a willingness to get stuck in;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Proactive attitude to work, brings a high level of commitment and enthusiasm to managing a number of projects and administrative tasks;
- Comfortable taking a brief for a project, seeking clarification where needed;
- Ability to work well in a team, with a positive and friendly attitude;
- Sense of humour, drive and tenacity;
- Social media skills;
- Flexibility to work additional or out of office hours, where business needs dictate for Events;
- Skills in MS Office packages, previous use of CRM systems such as InterAction are advantageous