PragmatIC is looking for a dynamic IC Design Engineer to develop analogue and mixed-signal integrated circuits using our unique flexible technology. As part of our expanding team, you will use your in-depth knowledge of circuit design to create new devices and contribute significantly to the technical direction of the company. Reporting to the VP Product & Applications, the successful candidate will be a team player who can work well with colleagues in other departments.
Senior IC Design Engineer
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Analogue and mixed signal VLSI design and simulation
- Full custom and analogue layout and verification
- Design evaluation
- Product design documentation
Ideally the successfully candidate will be educated to Masters/PhD level in Electronics or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent experience) with an emphasis on RF, analogue and mixed-signal design.
Skills and experience
Ideal skills, experience and personal attributes for this position include:
- A track record of innovation in VLSI design and layout of analogue/digital and mixed-signal circuits
- Demonstrable experience with SPICE, extracted and mixed-mode simulations and verification tools (Calibre)
- Experience of lab evaluations
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with internal and external partners
- Strong report writing and technical presentation abilities
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- RFID (NFC/UHF), TFT, metal oxide or organic design experience would be advantageous
- Strong scripting ability (Unix, Linux, sh, perl, C etc) would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a developing team in an exciting period of growth.