Are you passionate about selling and technology? Do you want to contribute to the setting up and the overall success of the business development team in a high growth technology company, that has grown year-on-year since its incorporation? Do you have a demonstrable track record of sales success in SaaS and service-based technology products?
Senior Sales Manager
Then join the growth story at Iprova
Iprova is an exciting, innovative technology company enjoying real growth with over 10 years’ experience delivering Inventions to our clients using our data-driven invention software.
We are pioneering the development of artificial intelligence and other technologies which augment and enhance the human ability to invent. Working with some of the world’s best-known technology companies in North America, Europe, and Japan, our algorithms enable the products of tomorrow to be invented faster and more efficiently than has previously been possible. Already, all 10 of the world’s largest tech companies including Amazon, Apple and Google reference granted patents based on our inventions.
Not only do we invent fast, we are also growing fast!
Some of our great benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Offices in London, Cambridge and Lausanne with travel encouraged between locations (when travelling is permitted)
- Close association with some of the world’s leading universities and companies
- Travel and conference attendance is actively encouraged, together with continuous learning
- And of course, an opportunity to join our friendly and fun-loving team!
This role is for someone with initiative and lots of energy, who is very driven, and enjoys engaging with their prospects and building positive relationships. This means you must have an ability to generate prospects and convert leads, and to work with senior management. You will need to understand your prospect’s innovation and Intellectual Property objectives and be prepared to work with them to develop an invention creation strategy that delivers real value. Think value creation, plus empathy, plus experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and pursuing a pipeline of market opportunities in line with an agreed sales strategy
- Developing new customer relationships in order to deliver profitable new business growth through understanding your prospect’s needs
- Accurately forecast sales against monthly, quarterly, & annual targets
- Lead the complete sales cycle from lead generation through proposal, negotiation and contract award
- Work with Marketing to identify new opportunities
- Liaise closely with your colleagues
- Maintain accurate account records, strategies and plans
- Ensure that the company CRM is up to date and complete
You are not looking for a desk bound 9.00 to 5.00 role. You will be comfortable working in a high energy B2B scale-up, but credible in front of high-level executives in mature multinationals.
Most importantly, you must love what you do, have a passion to push the boundaries whilst having fun. You will be ambitious and driven, mediocrity isn’t acceptable either from you or those around you. You are confident but also humble and look to your peers to help you improve. You will have a sales target and monthly peer reviews so it is critical that you fit in well. The CEO is currently also the Sales Director and the team works by having senior Sales Managers that are comfortable and empowered to run their own pipelines but know how and when to communicate and brainstorm with the team.
This is not a role for someone who needs significant support and daily guidance. Instead, it’s for someone who can work and act independently and who relishes the challenge presented by new high growth markets.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable and consistent year-on-year sales success / progression in a software and services business
- Track record of leading the full sales cycle from lead generation through contract award
- Has experience of working in a company enjoying 35% + year on year growth
- Accepts accountability & ownership
- Thinks strategically and tactically: capable of understanding corporate innovation and invention needs
- Sufficient expertise in technology and intellectual property so as to be able to understand and accurately articulate Iprova’s products and services
- Can use the CRM to drive accurate and regular prospect and customer touch point/reporting and pipeline analysis
- Must be a self starter, be highly resilient in the face of rejection or challenge
- High EQ: confident communicating and influencing stakeholders and colleagues at all levels. Successfully engage with both technical & non-technical colleagues, prospects and clients
- Have good communication skills in English.
- High attention to detail
Iprova is a mix of people and backgrounds, from very bright machine learning engineers and invention developers to high energy business developers.
Across this group there is a common thread – a desire to develop software products and services that enable the creation of inventions for the future with measurable business value to our clients. If you are looking for a company where you can explore, learn, grow and experiment in an environment that values you for what you bring then come and have a chat with us.
Our management and staff excel at what they do and are the heart of what Iprova does. As a company, we are big enough to make a real difference to our customers, but still small enough to know each other well, have fun, be flexible and appreciate what each individual brings to the company.
We have offices in Cambridge, London, and Switzerland, although this current position is to be based in the UK only.
- Initial selection.
- Invitation to demonstrate your understanding of Iprova’s business and product and 1st interview
- 2nd interview and in depth presentation of Iprova to members of the Iprova team.
- Optional 3rd interview.