The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform specializing in the design and delivery of complete drug discovery and development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up to and including Phase II clinical studies.
Senior Scientific Officers
RxCelerate currently has opportunities for experienced scientists to join our in vitro team as we continue to expand.The in vitro team specialises in developing bespoke functional cell- and plate-based assays. Working collaboratively within our Biology department, you will apply your scientific and technical expertise across our wide range of projects. Applications are welcomed from experienced scientists with a strong background in a wide variety of functional in vitro assays.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of experience in mammalian cell culture, functional cell-based assays and immunoassays. They must be self-motivated and a careful and methodical worker with keen attention to detail. They should also be able to organise and perform experiments effectively, accurately and to a high standard. In addition, the successful candidate should have a proven track record of project leadership. They will have strong communication skills and be an exceptional team-worker. The ability to prioritise work within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential. This full-time role is based at the Babraham Research Campus and is predominantly lab based.
- Design and execution of a wide range of in vitro assays including, but not limited to, functional cell-based assays and immunoassays.
- Leading project(s) to timely completion.
- Delivery of high-quality experimental reports to tight deadlines.
- Draw on scientific knowledge and experience to contribute to existing projects.
- Presentation and reporting of work to internal project teams and external clients
- PhD (ideally 3+ years post-PhD laboratory experience) with a strong background in designing and performing a wide range of bespoke complex functional cell-based assays and immunoassays OR lower level of qualification AND extensive relevant experience.
- Strong project leadership skills with a proven track record of leading projects to timely completion.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with a proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
- Proactive approach to learning and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to review and assimilate new information rapidly and effectively.
- Proven experience in data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of cell-based and biochemical techniques including immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry and western blotting.
- Experience of working in a commercial/biotech environment.
- Experience in image analysis and/or handling large and complex data sets.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme, company pension and company benefit package.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the above competencies in pdf format.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK without the need for sponsorship.
RxCelerate values and actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
No recruitment agencies please.