As a development software developer at Fluidic Analytics you will create in-house software tools to assist our engineers and scientists during the development of new instrumentation and technology platforms.
Software Developer (Python)
Fluidic Analytics is an exciting, dynamic company, with headquarters in Cambridge, UK. With close affiliation to Cambridge University, our products and services are based on a fundamentally new technology platform that quantifies protein interactions in-solution and in complex backgrounds. This platform gives our customers access to unique insights into protein behaviour that are not accessible using other approaches. We believe that quantitative analysis of protein interactions is the next frontier in biological understanding, and that our technology is uniquely positioned to deliver lasting change in human health.
We are looking for driven, results oriented and customer focused individuals who will deliver excellence, support the growth of our customer base, and contribute to the further success of our business.
As a Software Developer in Python you will be working within the product development team and will generate Python and C++ scripts, which enable the real-time control, automation, data acquisition and visualisation of data during the product development phases. You will work alongside engineers, application scientists as well as the software developmet team to rapidly develop prototype solutions during early development of our microfluidic instruments a consumables.
- Responsible for interfacing with engineers and scientists to develop software code and scripts for controlling microfluidic instruments during the design and development phases of new product development
- Develop a comprehensive suite of development tools, libraries and scripts to support the development, verification and production of the company’s Instruments
- Support the definition of SW requirement to progress the low-level development of the instrumentation platforms
- Participate in scrum meetings to discuss scope of work and plan
- Ensure developed code is produced, stored and maintained in accordance with company policies
You've Got This Covered:
- Excellent programming experience in Python and competent with C++
- Enjoy a hands-on approach to interacting with physical hardware
- Skilled at techniques for data acquisition, analysis and presentation
- Experience writing software scripts that interface with hardware for real-time control and data acquisition e.g. pumps and valves, linear stages, cameras and robotic systems
- Experience of developing API’s to control external equipment
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and on your own and organise work tasks to deadlines with little supervision
- Practical pragmatic results-oriented mindset
- Ability to take requirements from non-software scientists, design a solution and explain back in non-software language that they will understand.
- Some experience programming LABVIEW and/or C# would be desirable
- Experience breadboarding and programming Raspberry Pi and/or microcontrollers such as PIC, STM32, Arduino, Beaglebone or similar
- Experience in software development environments for managing the complete software development lifecycle including Git, Jira, CircleCI, Nexus or equivalent
- Experience working with analytical instruments used within the life science research and clinical diagnostic industry would be an advantage
- Familiarity with working within a Quality Management Systems including ISO 9001 / ISO 13485
- Track record demonstrating excellent competence, integrity, and communication
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Well-being initiatives
- Cycle to work/ Tech scheme’s
- Employee assistance program
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
- This role reports to our Head of Software
- The successful candidate will ideally do a combination of work from home and work from the office
- Preference will be given to those candidates whom already have UK Right to Work status
At Fluidic Analytics we value people for who they are and the contribution they make. An Equal Employment Opportunity employer, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive working environment where all qualified applications are welcomed regardless of gender, race, religion, age, socio-economic background, disability, sexual or gender orientation.