As a Software Development Engineer, your duties will include but are not limited to:
Developing PC Software Tools and Components:
- To understand a set of requirements / system designs produced by a more senior engineer or architect.
- Production of design documents and software to defined standards.
Developing and running unit test cases:
- To identify test requirements for the work items you undertake.
- You will need to assist in software release and testing processes as required including performing of manual testing.
- The updating of the design, software code and test cases (from unit to system level) to meet the requirements / design specified. In producing these to be compliant with internal processes, procedures and working practices.
Progress and Planning:
- Reviewing estimates and agreeing targets with your line manager.
- Review progress and update tickets with your line manager.
- Participating in retrospectives, identifying how the work completed could have been completed more efficiently, or with a higher degree of quality by making changings to working practices / procedures etc.
- Performing defect fixes on software.
- Taking on updates of other documentation as required by the project.
- Organizing and acting on comments raised in reviews of your work items.
- Participating in code reviews of work packages produced by peers.
- As you grow in the role and become more senior, you are expected to become more involved in the review of the work of peers.