We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. To date, we have raised over $37 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Team Leader to join our Cell Informatics team. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of bioinformatics scientists within a highly impactful computational group;
- Act as a champion and subject matter expert for bioinformatics, driving the development of Mogrify’s bioinformatics roadmap;
- Develop scalable computational data analyses systems for omics datasets;
- Provide expert knowledge and align computational activities within R&D, including internal and external collaborations;
- Lead and support new business initiatives, working with Corporate Development and the Executive Leadership Team to achieve key program objectives;
- Follow the latest advances in the field, proactively evaluating new technologies, and establishing external collaborations where appropriate.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of high-throughput sequencing data analysis and disease biology, typically with a PhD (or equivalent experience) with over 6 years of follow-on industry experience;
- A minimum of 2 years (5 years preferred) direct managerial experience, with demonstrated success in the formation and management of multi-disciplinary teams, including technical leadership and mentorship;
- Demonstrated scientific leadership, with a track record of successfully delivering projects on time and on budget, preferably in an industrial environment;
- Team player, collaborative, self-motivated, with positive thinking and “can-do” attitude
- Expertise in pipeline development, R, Python, and Linux environments, promoting best practices in scientific computing research;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues internally at all levels across different departments as well as externally.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you.