Marble is recruiting a full time or part time technician to support our product design team.
We are looking for a skilled, hands-on individual to join our creative team of designers and engineers. Marble designs and develops innovative, appealing, products for a wide range of clients across machinery, medical and consumer industries. Based in Great Shelford, Cambridge, our design studio and workshop has plenty of space to grow. Having established the business over 10 years ago, we have a strong and interesting client base and need talented individuals with a passion for design and engineering to join the team.
We have an opening for a skilled technician, who has a proven track record of hands-on technical skills. We are looking for someone who prefers practical work over desk based. Your role will be supporting the team by making, building, assembling, testing and adjusting newly designed components that make up a machine, medical device or consumer product.
We are looking for an individual, with skills in some/ all the following areas:
- Modelmaking skills
- Traditional machining skills: lathe, mill, laser cutter, general component fabrication and assembly
- 3D printing and SLA set up, build and clean up.
- Assembly of complex devices and machinery
- General workshop equipment maintenance and risk assessments
- Testing: product testing, tensile testing, materials testing, managing external test houses for product specific testing/ CE marking
- Test Protocols, test method development and Report Writing
- Managing external fabricators/ suppliers
- 3D CAD design of jigs and fixtures to support product testing
- Generating creative ideas to solve technical problems
- Soldering/ assembly of PCBs
- Working to a quality system
- Attention to detail!
Degree or HND qualified, they should have at least 5 of the above skills. Additional useful skills include; keen interest in new technologies and design, can do attitude, working to defined timescales and deliverables, and making work fun!
Interesting, stimulating work in a creative environment
Profit related bonus
25 days holiday
Option of flexible working or part time hours.
Apply now with your CV and cover letter.