With a STEM degree, you will help grow our expertise in topics such as 3D Printing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), RFID, 5G, advanced materials, sensors, future mobility, energy and others (based on your background and interests), assessing leading edge developments.
You will be given client-facing responsibilities from the very start and there will be ample opportunity to participate in a range of strategic business development and marketing activities.
There will be international travel (when safe to do so!) - to learn and interpret the latest developments in your domain; to meet customers and innovative companies; to disseminate your knowledge and to promote IDTechEx at a global level.
IDTechEx will facilitate your rapid personal and professional growth, including opportunities to develop towards project and people management.
Successful applicants who progress through the company will have the potential to become recognised as a leading, trusted name in the industry to enable them to become the reference point for companies seeking business intelligence and/or commercialisation advice.
Multiple positions are available.
- Assess technology innovations and their commercial opportunity by conducting detailed research by a variety of methods, including interviews with innovators and adopters (by telephone and face-to-face), event attendance, patent analysis, tracking global trends and other methods.
- Based on your direct interactions with people from global organizations, write profiles of organizations throughout the value chain, assessing them versus competitors and the market need for their solution.
- Compile research into articles and reports, covering technology assessments; market insights; analysis of market opportunities and forecasts that you develop to quantify the opportunity.
- Provide custom research to clients for their specific consulting requests, which can include assessment of their technology and market opportunity, strategic advice on market entry and due diligence.
- Support colleagues in business development by demonstration of your topic knowledge to potential clients and determine their needs.
- Actively promote IDTechEx and your own research by writing enticing articles summarizing your research, delivering webinars, conducting video interviews, answering questions from media, delivering public presentations and helping to develop infographics.
- Represent IDTechEx at international events and by visiting organizations, from introducing the company and what we do to presenting your work. You will be expected to present your research findings and strategic insights.
- Assist other aspects of the business including training programs and developing topic-specific strategies.
- Be proactive in helping our business development team win new opportunities and being a champion for the company.
- A strong record of academic achievement, including A/A* A-Level Mathematics and an Undergraduate/Master's degree in a STEM subject ideally from a top UK or internationally ranked university. A PhD is desirable but not essential.
- 1 to 2 years technical/commercial experience is preferable.
- A desire and drive to continuously learn about technology innovations, their real-world applications, market status and player activities.
- Excellent ability to seek out and present compelling new information and articulate an analysis both verbally and in writing, with accompanying visuals (charts, infographics, etc.)
- Be comfortable with calling and talking to many people in a business to business environment. Effectively question interviewees to compile research useful in assessing a particular technology or industry.
- Excellent capability to distill significant levels of information from multiple sources into clear, relevant analysis and conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Experienced user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be confident in giving technical presentations in front of an audience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as having a collaborative attitude to your work. You will be expected to be part of a team and coach and motivate others when necessary.
- You must be able to commit to regular travel.
- In addition to strong English language skills, it would be advantageous, but not necessary, to be proficient in another language, in particular Chinese, German, Japanese or Korean
Home-based in the UK or Germany. You will predominately be working from home with some visits to our office in Cambridge, UK when needed.
How to apply
Please send us your CV accompanied by a cover letter. If you have a LinkedIn profile, please include the link.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start immediately.