We are looking for candidates who can apply creative problem-solving skills in a focused and methodical way in our laboratories and workshops.
Team is looking for a Test Technician to join our Device Testing group, working on a wide variety of medical and drug delivery devices. You will report to our Device Testing Project Manager and will work within internal project teams to support testing of medical devices. You will be a key user of Team’s test labs and workshops.
- Mechanical and functional testing of devices at all stages of the development process, from early concept through to verification. This typically includes physical and environmental stress conditioning, detailed inspections, physical dimensional measurements, force, and torque testing.
- Produce a consistently high standard of test work, including generation of test data with some analysis and interpretation, in accordance with project quality requirements
- Follow key documents in accordance with project requirements e.g. test methods and test protocols.
- Support project teams in the delivery of testing milestones in device development.
- Follow health and safety procedures and guidelines to ensure safe working with hazardous chemicals and pharmaceutical formulations.
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills, and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit, treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Additional role requirements and working patterns
Onsite work required
Conscientious and motivated, with an eagerness to continuously learn Methodical approach to tasks, with an eye for detail Dependable and calm under pressure Practical and hands-on whilst using good common sense Approachable with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team Respectful of others’ views, opinions and contributions
Experience of working in a test laboratory or workshop. Good understanding of good laboratory principles as described by cGxP. Experience of conducting testing of physical / mechanical properties and function of products. Proven ability to deliver to tight deadlines Experience of working within a medical or drug delivery device product testing laboratory. Experience in handling pharmaceutical formulations and hazardous chemicals. A relevant degree or equivalent experience
Qualifications and Skills
Experience of following detailed protocols and performing high quality test work. Proficiency in recording and documenting test work. Experience of adhering to Health and Safety practices and policies. Able to adapt to changing priorities Effective verbal and written communication skills