AIXTRON SE is a leading provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry. The Company's technology solutions are used by a diverse range of customers worldwide to build advanced components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials and more recently carbon nanostructures. Such components are used in display technology, signal and lighting technology, fiber communication networks, wireless and cell telephony applications, optical and electronic data storage, power electronics, computer technology as well as a wide range of other high-tech applications. AIXTRON SE’s securities are listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Founded in 1983, the Company is headquartered in Herzogenrath, Germany.
Trainee Financial Accountant
We are currently seeking a Trainee Financial Accountant to join our busy Finance/HR team of 8 people. The purpose of this role is to support the Financial Controller in the processing and recording of all required general ledger transactions and to assist the processing of monthly payroll on a timely and accurate basis. The role supports AIXTRON Ltd at the UK site in Swavesey.
You will either be Degree qualified and/or have good ‘A’ levels. You may be a recently qualified graduate with a related degree who is keen to be supported financially by the company to study further to become fully qualified or you will already have an accounting qualification such as AAT. You will have a strong working knowledge of Excel and Word and you will have good communication skills to be able to confidently deal with all levels within organisation and globally. You will also be accurate and thorough and a good team player.
Objectives & Responsibilies:
- Assist the Financial Controller in producing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual Group reporting using SAP
- Maintaining fixed asset ledger details, including reconciliation of fixed asset ledger and depreciation
- Performing other balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly VAT and Intrastat returns
- Assist with the processing of payroll, including: maintenance of payroll records, recording and processing of monthly payments, posting of payroll journals, preparation of annual P11D forms, and ensuring prompt payment of PAYE, NIC and pension
- Assist with the company pension, permanent health, private health and life assurance policies answering queries, dealing with claims, helping with annual renewal process, and providing information to Brokers when required.
We offer a very competitive salary (negotiable and dependent on experience) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Should you be interested in this role, please apply with your CV & Cover letter.
All candidates need to be eligible to work indefinitely in the UK.
No agencies please.