An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Royal Society of Chemistry to join our Digital Communications team as a Digital Channels Lead, co-ordinating our efforts across our websites, social and paid media, and much more. We have a vision to ensure that every time someone engages with us through digital spaces, their relationship with us gets stronger. That means delivering great customer experience through the most effective use of digital channels and content for all of our audiences.
Digital Channels Lead
The Digital Communications team is responsible for making this happen and ensuring that our digital presence – across websites, social media, email and search – is as impactful as possible in promoting our work, products and services to a worldwide and diverse community of chemists and people with a passion for chemistry.
As one of the world’s largest science organisations, we are rich with exciting innovations that have huge potential for digital communications.
We are looking for:
- Degree level and/or a relevant communication/marketing qualification
- Significant experience within an organisation of some or all of the following: digital communications, content strategy, email marketing, social media management, digital advertising, content marketing, content calendars
- A clear strategic sense of how the digital environment is evolving and an appreciation of its role in the delivery of effective and efficient organisational communications and marketing
- A thorough knowledge of best practices in content creation, curation and delivery through digital channels
- Experience managing corporate social media accounts, coordinating both paid and organic activity, and using social media analytics tools to optimise social strategies
- Experience of using content management systems, paid search, search engine marketing
- Experience of using leading email platforms and marketing automation systems, advertising, search marketing, email automation and trigger/behaviour based email communications
- Experience of implementing new technologies to support marketing and communications objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- A broad knowledge of Royal Society of Chemistry products and services
- A broad knowledge of scientific communications and a passion for promoting and enabling the positive impact of chemistry and science generally
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development
The team is a centre of excellence for the whole organisation, setting the example in digital delivery and guiding the organisation in creating and curating useful, engaging content that inspires people to take action.
You’ll be part of a team responsible for content creation and delivery across a range of digital channels to support communications and marketing projects. We also support colleagues by advising on best practice and the most effective use of digital channels and tactics.
You will need a strong background in a variety of digital communication and marketing channels – how they can be used, their strengths and weaknesses and where each can fit into an integrated marketing plan for maximum impact.
We have a team of terrific Digital Channel Owners each with different specialisms. Your role will be helping them to plan, execute and report on effective digital communication and marketing across all those channels.
We will need your expertise to be able to discuss how these channels work – with informed colleagues and non-experts alike – advocating for each channel’s role in campaigns and projects as appropriate.
You should have proven experience in social media management, content marketing, digital advertising and email marketing with a passion for optimisation and improvement.
In return for your specialist expertise and passion for promoting the positive impact of chemistry and science generally, we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools needed to be successful in this role. The Royal Society of Chemistry offers an excellent benefits package for this full-time, permanent role based at the Science Park in Cambridge, including continuous professional development opportunities and flexible working.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the closing date.
Download the full job description here.