Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software?
Planning Intern - 3 month FTC
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The goal of the Planning Intern position is to cultivate emerging software developers by providing real-world experience of software development in industrial software. The team you’ll be working with offer a wide range of experiences and backgrounds but work together on an application that optimizes the running of plants and supply chains, mostly in the oil refining industry. While the exact content of the project that you’ll tackle on will be tailored to your interest and technical experience, some options include:
Exploring and prototyping a web version of an existing desktop application
Translating existing algorithms between c++ and C#, with an aim to improve code quality and maintainability and prove that the results are the same
Developing and iterating a new UI presentation of the refinery model to enable users to better understand the time relations of its various parts.
We primarily work in a .NET stack and have a focus on producing tested, maintainable code that solves customers’ real-world problems.
• This will vary somewhat depending on the project you select, but:
• Providing useful exploration of a problem
• Completing a project that will improve or extend the existing product or provide guidance for its future
• Reaching out to other team members if you need assistance or clarification
Essential Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Some programming experience, ideally in C#, Java, or similar
• Willingness to think about problems from the customer/consumer’s perspective as well as the technical one
• Interest in developing new skills and using technology to streamline real-world decision making
• Curiosity when exploring a problem
• Flexibility in choosing and implementing a solution
• Courtesy and consideration towards co-workers of differing skill sets
• Interest in developing technical skills and practical work experience
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.