Xaar has defined 3 values which are vital to our business; each represents an area of essential importance to us. Their existence is intended to guide difficult decisions and shape behaviour. They are applicable to all of us in what we do.
Trust – We trust each other to deliver on our commitment and do our best for Xaar.
Collaboration – We all work together, and with our partners, to achieve success
Drive – We are excited about our potential and put energy into everything we do
Purpose of Role:
We are looking for a highly capable maternity cover for the Corporate Reporting Manager role. Key responsibilities include corporate compliance and reporting across the group, including financial, tax, company secretarial, equity, investor relations, risk management and internal audit.
This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and has two direct reports; the Financial Accountant and the Payroll and Indirect Tax Coordinator.
- Responsible for the group IFRS and subsidiary FRS 101 annual and interim financial statements, which includes coordinating the auditors, tax advisors, publishers and leading the audit and preparation of the accounts and accounting standard changes
- Corporation tax planning and compliance for all group companies globally including tax accounting, preparing tax computations and filing of returns, RDEC and Patent Box calculations, transfer pricing, POAs
- Equity management; IFRS 2 accounting, share option registers, work with the brokers, registrars, trusts and HR for share option exercises, sales, scheme rules, HMRC filings
- Company secretarial, including Market Abuse Regulation, regulatory compliance and Companies House filings (and equivalent overseas), including director appointments/ terminations/ changes, share allotments
- Statutory company filing requirements for all group companies and branches globally (UK, Denmark, Sweden, US, Hong Kong, India)
- Investor relations support, including prepare and release of regulatory announcements, working with the financial PR firm, investor communications, AGM administration and the dividend process
- Month end responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing the corporate accounts accruals and prepayments, and the group consolidation, and distribute the Board pack
- Audit Committee reporting
- Act as the Head of Internal Audit within finance
- Responsible for group consolidation accounting and management of accounting standard changes, papers, policies review, documentation and compliance
- Responsibility for payroll and indirect tax (PAYE and VAT)
- Work with the Head of Finance – Business Partners & Financial Operations on various areas across the finance function to achieve common goals, including the audit and accounts process, budgeting process and intercompany accounting.
- Managing, prioritising and delivering a high number of concurrent tasks
- Managing workload around key reporting deadlines
- Effective communication, both written and verbal with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and self-review of work
- Logical, thorough, proactive and methodical in approach
- Drive and determination to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Positive can-do attitude
- Team player with a collaborative approach.
- Qualified Chartered accountant (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Significant experience working in a similar financial/corporate accounting role for a preferably international and listed company
- Management experience is desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Investor relations and company secretarial experience would be advantageous but is not essential
- Tax experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience working in an R&D and/or manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.