Key Job Responsibilities
- Play a leading role in the development of a family of novel microscale consumables;
- Develop and optimise microscale fabrication and quality control processes. This will include ground up development of new processes and the characterisation and improvement of existing processes;
- Chemistry reaction development and optimisation;
- Yield analysis and optimisation;
- Define hypotheses on underlying mechanisms and design/conduct relevant experimental tests;
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team, providing literature research and technological insights to produce patentable technology;
- Process scale-up and the transfer of research/development scale processes into manufacturing.
- Demonstrable experience in some of the following: polymer thin films, semiconductor processes, photolithography, microfabrication, MEMS, nanomaterials or relevant materials science;
- Preferably have knowledge of reactive processes on surfaces and with materials at low pressures involving gas phase species;
- Experience in nanoimprint lithography, precision electroforming and evaporative deposition techniques would be an advantage;
- A proven ability to analyse, deconstruct and solve complex problems, and multi-faceted design challenges;
- Highly motivated and able to manage their time effectively and operate self-sufficiently to produce findings.
- Minimum first / upper-second class BSc in Chemistry/Polymer/Materials Science or related discipline, PhD advantageous;
- Must have minimum 3 years’ experience of working within either academic or industrial environment.
TTP Labtech is based on the Melbourn Science Park, a short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas. There are excellent cycle, train, road and airport connections.
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including: Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, generous Pension Plan, Profit Share and relocation packages as well as great facilities and discounted local swimming, squash and gym memberships; there are also social running and football teams to participate in.
Before applying, please take the time to read our recruitment privacy notice which can be found here on our website.