As a Contract Design Engineer you will be responsible for developing mechanical designs for a range of products and processes in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors. Based in our Cambridge office your insight, creativity, attention to detail and drive will allow you to absorb and develop your skills technically, progressing your career and broadening your knowledge and experience. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market.
Opportunities for interim, contract and temporary positions
Contract Design Engineer
- Degree or an HND in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Experienced in Design for Manufacture and Assembly including typical low to high volume manufacturing processes, eg injection moulding, CNC machining, sheet metal, is essential.
- An in depth knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD (or similar) gained through working on several intricate CAD projects
- A strong knowledge of solid and surfacing modelling
- An understanding of 2D tolerance/engineering drawing
- Strong creative and technical abilities in many of the following areas: Concept generation; System level design; Engineering analysis and detail design; Prototyping and lab testing; Materials selection; Design for high reliability;
- Preferable experience in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development department
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technically
- Bright, conscientious and creative.
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.