The Interim Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of human resources functions for all employees, including handling of employee life cycle, employee relations and development initiatives. Additionally, the role includes time working on local and international HR projects, including aligning and harmonizing human resource policies, programs, systems, terms and conditions and benefits. This is a 12-15 month position covering maternity leave.
Interim HR Generalist
Working alongside a small HR Team in Cambridge, the HR Generalist will also be responsible for working with local business leaders, as well as the Human Resource Business Partners (“HRBP’s”) that support the various business units and functions across the Global ANSYS Group.
• Manage administrative and operational human resource requirements for the Cambridge office and beyond as an integral part of Northern European HR team.
• Actively engage and support on-going M&A integration and harmonization as required, including consulting and negotiating new employment contracts and benefits as well as a possible TUPE transfer. Other projects might include assisting in a transfer to a new global HRIS system and helping to implement a global Career Framework structure.
• Ensure proper implementation of Human Resources policies, processes, tools and systems.
• Proactively answer employee questions and ensure concerns are addressed in a timely manner and build a relationship of trust.
• Facilitates communication and coaching with managers to ensure they appropriate address issues within their teams.
• Work closely with managers and staff to define and execute local HR strategies that enable the accomplishment of business objectives.
• Stays current on relevant country employment laws and other human resource compliance issues, updating and coaching management on policies and processes as required.
• Handle and coordinate statutory compliance needs.
• Manage local payroll tracking for external vendor.
• Identify training needs for employees.
• Participate in local and global human resource projects as needed.
• Assist HR Managers and Human Resources Business Partners with site specific needs, as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• CIPD qualified at the member level or equivalent level of knowledge and skill through on the job experience and training.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional HR experience as HR generalist including experience in employee relations, training, compensation experience and change initiatives.
• Previous experience managing employee consultations and change such as TUPE or company mergers from a HR point of view is highly advantageous.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex and rapidly growing/changing work environment, preferably in the high-tech industry.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues.
• Be a positive, self-starter with the flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong experience in building relationships and coaching line managers.
• Strong analytical skills to create and analyze reports.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, HRIS, Google).
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• CIPD postgraduate qualification (Level 7) is desirable.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.