The Development Solutions Group (DSG) develops and markets integrated software tools to silicon partners and OEM customers. The product portfolio includes ARM DS-5 Development Tools, Fast Models, Cycle Models, Keil MCU tools, Enterprise and HPC Software Development Tools, GNU Tools and the ARM Compiler. These tools support software development for all ARM CPUs both with, and in advance of the availability of, target silicon.
The DSG vision is to help our customers create innovative and energy efficient ARM Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to create or enable tools that improve ARM system performance, productivity or time to market.
This is intern role for Summer 2020 and you will work alongside experienced business analysts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working on detailed investigation, scoping, planning and execution of analysis activities and work you're doing for specified projects.
- Producing reports to answer business questions, and using automation to improve processes.
- Reporting regularly to your line manager on the status of your activities.
About the role
What is a business analyst? Business analysis is a research discipline of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a software-systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organisational change or strategic planning and policy development. The person who carries out this task is called a business analyst or BA.
Key Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in the course of studies towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Science, Maths, Engineering, Computer Science or Business related subject.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about technology, learning and developing new skills.
- Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative, independence and adaptability.
- Capable of working autonomously, leading and tracking own work.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Some experience and understanding of analysing and improving processes or systems.
- Experience of taking ideas or initiatives and working with your teammates to implement them.
- Some experience of using python or SQL to manipulate data.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.