Joining the Developer Software Infrastructure team as a Graduate DevOps Engineer, you will become part of a growing team providing automated build, test and development solutions along with support to the engineering community. You will be responsible for continually improving and maintaining the company's Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline infrastructure and supporting the wider engineering teams to identify opportunities for improvement. You will be asked to contribute ideas and be responsible for design, document, deliver and automate tests for that solution.
2020 DevOps Internship (2-4 months)
We're looking for someone who has a real passion for DevOps principles and methodologies. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring engineer to develop skills through working within a cutting edge, successful, multi-national organization boasting a vibrant community of passionate engineers.
A successful candidate will be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and have a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge in the following areas:
- Define, develop, tailor and deliver a Continuous Delivery framework.
- Perform Proof Of Concept on DevOps tools.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation.
- Conduct structured training for the delivery team on new capabilities and tools.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to champion and evangelise the CD blueprints and technology standards across the organisation.
Education and Qualifications
- Studying towards a good university degree.
Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable good level of proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python or Java and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- Experience in Unix (Linux) Systems Administration and shell scripting
On top of this, you may have experience with one or more of the following technology areas:
- Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins and Buildbot,
- Version control and code review systems such as Git, Gerrit, Reviewboard
- Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CFEngine, Foreman
- Virtualization and cloud technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, OpenStack, Kubernetes, RHEV etc.
- Monitoring, Metrics and results visualization tooling
- Development board build/test farm
- Web application development with Django or similar
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Highly resourceful.
- Hard working.
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team
- Flexible and open to new challenges
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.