You will play a vital role in supporting the creation and application of transformative engineering research by:
- delivering business analysis to guide research funding strategy and planning
- establishing and supporting relationships and networks with industrial sponsors, academics, administrators and other institutions
- managing enquiries and calls for proposals
- providing expert guidance on how to win research funding and optimise knowledge transfer and impact
- developing and managing robust processes for ensuring compliance with research policies, rules and reporting requirements
- identifying and securing opportunities for winning funding for research support.
A degree or equivalent experience in an engineering, science or other technical discipline is essential. You need to have experience of working in industry/business or winning research funding in academia. The role demands skills in analysis, communication and process management.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements. Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 February 2020. If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact the HR Office on 01223 332615 or by email on email@example.com
Please include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager. Please quote reference NM20615 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.